Okay so unless you have been living under a rock for the last couple of years or so, you would know what 50 shades of Grey is. Basically a series about a couple who has a BDSM relationship. Basically. Of course, there has been tons of blog posts about people giving it such a hard time for it being a terrible book, all it teaches us is that domestic abuse is okay blah blah blah and I am so tired of people saying that. First of all, have you read the book? anyone that has read the book would know that “domestic abuse” isn’t really whats going on here. A billionaire who seduces a innocent, young virgin and abuses her isn’t really whats going on here. If you read the book, you would know that there is basically an entire chapter talking about how its suppose to be recreational and Anna (the girl in the book) consents to all of these things and when it got too much for her, she ended the relationship and he accepted that. Domestic abuse doesn’t really work like that. And Christian (the guy in the book) didn’t purposely lure her in because of her virginity and again anyone who actually read the book would know that. It takes two to tango in a relationship and Christian warns Ana about his type of lifestyle and he only engages in that BDSM relationship once there is an agreement from the both parties. Second, enough about how these books are terribly written. Get a grip people, these types of books aren’t suppose to be award winning, mind-challenging types of novels. It’s for entertainment so quit putting the book on some level it will never reach. There was an article that I read recently about the novel and I would just like to point out a few things.
1)If you’re good-looking, rich, or successful, you can develop a violent sexual appetite and people will be okay with it.
– okay seriously, demonizing the author for making the main character attractive. Obviously you (the article) isn’t okay with him being the way he is so him being good looking doesn’t really matter does it?
2) sex is completely for pleasure and all love/romance should be removed from the situation.
– have you read the books? and trust us, there are many things in the world that promotes the same thing said above so the novel is irrelevant to that.
3) Girls: If you hang around long enough and put up with a guy’s “issues”, eventually he might love you and change
– no thats the whole point she ended up leaving him was because she realized he couldn’t love her in the end. again. read the book. and there was a part in there about how she stayed with him for all the lavish gifts he gave her. if you read the book you would know she hated all the gifts and found them extremely uncomfortable.
4) Guys: You can do whatever you want to a girl and she’ll just take it because… she’s a girl.
-It takes two to tango! Read the book.
I am not saying that I am a die hard fan of the book and will defend everything about it but its articles like these that anger me because anyone who has actually read the book will know that the series is beyond just BDSM sex and that the sex is really only a minimal part of the entire series. so before you go and say that the entire series is all about an abusive relationship, go and actually read it and tell me if you still think so after.